Regional Europe by Insight Vacations
Discover a land of contrasting scenery, people and languages, offering a unique blend of interests and wonders.
- Geneva: What better way to start your Swiss journey than with a typical Swiss meal in a chalet-styled local restaurant! Au Petit Chalet are known for their delicious Swiss sausages served with Rosti potatoes and fresh Perch fillets, not to mention the decadent Chocolate Fondue and fresh fruit that is served for dessert!
- Zermatt: Choose between fine local restaurants, with an option to experience the typical Swiss meal of fondue, on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Lucerne: Toast to new friends and Swiss adventures during your Celebration Dinner at Restaurant Seeblick.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Stanserhorn: Choose between a walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see native animals or alternatively, join a Swiss ranger to learn about local fauna and flora.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Travel beside Lake Geneva, along the Rhone Valley and through the Simplon Pass. Experience the beauty of Lake Maggiore as you travel along its shores through the Italian Lake District. Continue through Julier Pass and Engadine Valley, pass the Grisons Alps, Walensee and beside Lake Zurich.
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d'Eau and Floral Clock.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva, join your Travel Director for an orientation before there is free time to explore.
- Lake Geneva: Visit beautiful Chillon Castle, set on a rocky islet in the lake. With the help of a Local Expert, look out for Lord Byron's name which he carved into a pillar.
- Zermatt: Your Travel Director will lead you on an orientation of this picturesque village, high in the mountains.
- Baveno: During your orientation with your Travel Director see the cobbled streets and 16th century square.
- St Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Scenic Swiss Rail Journey: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts, in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, on a regional train fully powered by hydroelectricity.
- Vaduz: Admire the Royal family's residence, Vaduz Castle, which overlooks the capital and is surrounded by year-round snow peaked mountains.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Stanserhorn Summit: A spectacular journey by cable car and cogwheel railway takes you to the summit for expansive mountain views over Lake Lucerne.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Prepare yourself for the majesty of Switzerland's snow-capped mountains, glaciers, sparkling lakes, flower-filled meadows and rich, green valleys. Transfers from Geneva airport to your hotel depart at 11:00, 13:00 and 16:00. Meet your Travel Director and travel companions at 18:00, for a short stroll to your Welcome Dinner hosted at Au Petit Chalet. The evening is full of Swiss delight, as you enjoy the cosy, chalet-style decor while being served typical Swiss specialities including mouthwatering chocolate fondue for dessert! Return to your immaculate boutique hotel, rated number 1 hotel on the 'Top 15 Hotels of Switzerland' at the 2017 Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards. Hotel d'Angleterre highlights British charm and the finest Swiss hospitality, with each room individually designed to reflect its elegant style.(Dinner with Wine)
Start your day with the highlights of Geneva, the City of Gardens. See the Jet d’Eau and Floral Clock. Then relax and enjoy the enchanting scenery as we continue to the scenic town of Montreux. Situated at the foot of the Alps and boasting beautiful lakeside walks, enjoy free time to explore this pretty town. Journey further around the Lake Geneva arc to the medieval Chillon Castle, where a Local Expert will show you through the former home of the Counts of Savoy, which was immortalised by Byron's 'Prisoner of Chillon'. Continue through the Rhone Valley, where high summer temperatures support vines and other fruits. The final stage of your journey is by cogwheel train to the traffic-free Alpine resort of Zermatt. During your orientation with your Travel Director, feast your eyes on the distinctive triangular silhouette of the Matterhorn. At night, enjoy a stroll in the fresh mountain air to your chosen restaurant for your Dine-Around Evening. Perhaps try a delicious cheese fondue?(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Zermatt in summertime offers many leisure possibilities: try swimming, hiking, or spend a whole day relaxing in the fresh alpine surrounds. Perhaps take an optional ride on Europe’s highest cable car to the snow-capped roof of the world for a magnificent panorama of the highest peaks in Switzerland, Italy and France?(Breakfast)
Descend to Täsch and rejoin the coach. Follow in Napoleon's footsteps as you ascend the Simplon Pass, taking in magnificent views over the Alps from the 2,000-metre summit. Continue along the gentle shores of Lake Maggiore. Perhaps take a delightful boat trip to see the stunning Isola Bella?(Breakfast)
Head north back into the high mountain country of the Grisons Alps today. Ascend the Julier Pass to arrive in the sparkling Engadine Valley with an invigorating climate characterised by clear skies and its location high in the Alps. On arrival in the cosmopolitan resort of St. Moritz, a brief orientation with your Travel Director will show you the spa quarter and the brilliantly sparkling glacial lake, before there is time to explore further on your own or mingle with the jet set in the elegant boutiques.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Start the day with a scenic train ride along part of the route of the Glacier Express, through unforgettable scenes of ice-capped mountains, stone-built villages and lush meadows. At Chur, reboard your coach and travel along the valley of the Upper Rhine to spend some time in Vaduz, the tiny capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein, where you explore the area around the castle. Continue to Lucerne alongside the dramatic Walensee and Lake Zurich. On arrival, see the sorrowful sculpture of the wounded lion, commemorating the brave Swiss guards who died defending King Louis XVI during the French Revolution. Your Travel Director will also show you the Jesuit Church and the Chapel Bridge.(Breakfast)
Commence the day with a morning stroll along lakeside promenades or shopping for fine watches while enjoying the scenery. Then, from the town of Stans, embark on a scenic journey by funicular railway and open-top cable car to the summit of the stunning Mount Stanserhorn. Explore Stanserhorn with Insight Choice. Choose between meeting a Swiss ranger for a lecture to learn about the local wildlife, or alternatively, walk through the Stanserhorn marmott park. Celebrate new friends and enjoy a Celebration Dinner at the foot of Mount Stanserhorn with magnificent views over Lake Lucerne at Restaurant Seeblick.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
In the morning, your departure transfer will arrive at Zürich airport at 08:00.(Breakfast)
|single room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1|
|triple room||Adults: 1 - 3||Passengers: 3|
|twin room||Adults: 1 - 2||Passengers: 2|
|twinShare room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1 - 2|