Discovery by Trafalgar
Short on time, but want a jam-packed adventure filled with European Highlights? Cruise down the Rhine River, savour a banquet in a castle and catch your breath as you see the Eiffel Tower in Paris. You'll return home with more than Swiss chocolate in your luggage.
- Explore Paris with a Local Specialist
- Discover Amsterdam and Lucerne
- Visit the Rhine Falls in Schaffhausen and a cuckoo clock factory in the Black Forrest
- View the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, the Champs Élysées, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- See the Lorelei Rock, the vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefields
- Scenic cruise along the canals of Amsterdam and the Rhine River
- 6 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- 2 dinners
First class travel Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Welcome to the colourful city of Amsterdam. Explore this city of bicycles and boats before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening, on a scenic canal cruise including a light dinner and welcome drinks.
Journey through Germany to the highest castle in the Rhine River Valley for an exclusive Be My Guest experience where you'll Connect With Locals over lunch in medieval surrounds and be transported back to a time of kings and knights. We'll board a river cruise to St. Goar then head to the old university town of Heidelberg, with its impressive Renaissance structures, Baroque Old Town and views of the ruined red sandstone castle. We venture to our Rhineland hotel, where we'll spend our evening at leisure.
Delve into a world of legends and fairy-tales today as you enter the enchanting Black Forest. Here, we'll Dive Into Culture and witness the fine craft of cuckoo clock making, before visiting the dramatic Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, the largest waterfall in Europe. We cross the Swiss border, admiring the exquisite alpine setting and arrive on the shores of Lake Lucerne where we will stay for the next two nights.
Soak up the relaxed lakeside atmosphere before your morning orientation begins. Cross the solid wooden Chapel Bridge, visit the solemn Lion Monument, commemorating the massacre of the Swiss Guards in 1792 and spend your afternoon shopping in the Old Town for Swiss souvenirs and chocolates. Consider an Optional Experience ascending the surrounding mountains for panoramic alpine views, wander along the tranquil lake shore or stroll around the city admiring the decorative signposts and ornate façades lining the city's streets.
See the changing landscape as you travel into France through Alsace and across the Maginot Line. Admire the scenic Burgundy Wine Region, famous for its delicious Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape varieties, before arriving in Paris. Indulge in a free evening to explore the grand boulevards of the French capital. Experience the pageantry of Paris first-hand and opt for an Optional Experience to a Parisian Cabaret.
Join a Local Specialist today to delve into the artistic and historic treasures of Paris, including views of the elegant Champs Élysées, the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. View Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. This afternoon, amble through the city's stylish gardens, avenues and lanes, admiring the sophisticated atmosphere or consider joining an Optional Experience to the exquisite Palace of Versailles. This evening we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with our travel companions and Travel Director.
After breakfast, we say a fond au revoir to your fellow travellers and Travel Director. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
|single room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1|
|triple room||Adults: 1 - 3||Passengers: 3|
|twin room||Adults: 1 - 2||Passengers: 2|
|twinShare room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1 - 2|