Britain and Ireland by Insight Vacations
A private tour of Trinity College with fast-track entry to the Book of Kells, a Jaunting Car ride in Killarney, luscious green countryside, dramatic coastal scenery and the ‘lilt’ of Irish voices all make for an exceptional journey.
- Dublin: Join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Dinner, an opportunity to get to know each other over a meal with wine.
- Killarney: Meet passionate restaurant owners John and Freda at their beautiful farmhouse in Killarney, where you'll hear more about their Farm-to-Table concept, while enjoying a delicious meal made from fresh ingredients sourced within a five mile radius.
- Cork: Celebrate Irish style! Join in the 'craic' over dinner with fabulous local flavours and wine.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Killarney: Choose between a memorable ride on a horse-drawn jaunting car with the local jarveys or alternatively, join a gentle hike with a Local Expert along the lake shore and past the grounds of Ross Castle, admiring the incredible scenery of the National Park.
- Dublin: Tour Trinity College with a university insider, before marvelling at the ancient Book of Kells, created by monks and dating from A.D. 800.
Make Travel Matter
- Killarney: Meet passionate restaurant owners John and Freda at their beautiful farmhouse in Killarney, where you'll hear more about their Farm-to-Fork concept, while enjoying a delicious meal made from fresh ingredients sourced within a five mile radius.This Make Travel Matter experiences advances SDG 12
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Irish scenery is some of the most beautiful in the world. Relax and admire the views as your travel through Burren, Derrynasaggart Mountain and along the Ring of Kerry.
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see Custom House and travel along the River Liffey. See the Guinness Brewery, Christchurch Cathedral and St. Patrick's Cathedral.
- Galway: Enjoy an orientation tour of the many landmarks in Galway such as the Lynch Memorial, Church of St. Nicholas, Spanish Arch and Eyre Square.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and look out over the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Adare: Experience a village walk through the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lakelands and remote villages, as you journey the magical Ring of Kerry.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts!
- Cobh: The Queenstown Story at Cobh retraces the steps of Irish emigration from the famine of 1845 to the great ocean line era of the 1950s. This is a must for those with Irish ancestors who crossed the Atlantic during this time.
- Cork: Your Travel Director will show you the Grand Parade and South Mall, along with City Hall and the Opera House.
- Kilkenny: Your Travel Director will provide you with an orientation of the medieval city of Kilkenny with its majestic castle and River walk.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to the land of legends, misty mountains, lovely lakes and friendly greetings. At Dublin airport, transfers leave for your hotel at 08:30, 11:00 and 13:00. Meet your Travel Director at 14:30 for a Dublin orientation, taking you past the Custom House. Travel along the River Liffey to see the Guinness Storehouse, Christchurch Cathedral and St Patrick's Cathedral. Enjoy priority entry to the 9th century Book of Kells and walk through the cobbled courtyards of Trinity College accompanied by a University insider who will share insights into modern life and the establishment’s impressive history. In the evening, join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Reception with drinks and the opportunity to mingle and get to know each other over the evening.(Dinner with Wine)
Leave Dublin and set off through the delightful landscapes of the Emerald Isle. Pass by the former fortress town of Athlone on the River Shannon, to reach historic Galway, the City of the Tribes, at the mouth of the Corrib River. Easily one of Ireland’s most fun and lively cities, the streets are lined with buskers, the pubs feature live musicians, and the region’s famous oysters are on sale at many of the quaint restaurants along the way. Join your Travel Director to see the infamous Lynch Memorial and the Church of St. Nicholas, where Christopher Columbus reputedly prayed before setting off for his discovery of America. Also see the aged Spanish Arch and Eyre Square, dedicated to the late US President, John F. Kennedy.(Breakfast)
Take the scenic route through the mysterious rocky limestone landscape of the Burren, with its underground caverns, streams and rare flora.Stop at the Exhibition Centre, situated next to the 700-foot Cliffs of Moher with breathtaking views of the Clare Coast.Continue past the city of Limerick, stop in quaint Adare and take a relaxed village walk to see its thatched-roof cottages.In the evening, stay in the center of the action in lively Killarney. The gateway to the famous Ring of Kerry, Killarney has been welcoming travellers who appreciate the spectacular scenery of waterfalls, woodlands and lakes for over 250 years.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
This morning enjoy an Insight Choice. Choose between a memorable ride on a horse-drawn jaunting car with the local jarveys or alternatively, admire incredible scenery on a gentle hike with a Local Expert along the lake shore and past the grounds of Ross Castle, admiring the incredible scenery of the National Park. After, take a leisurely excursion around the magnificent Ring of Kerry with stunning views of mountains and sea. Pass through the small towns of Killorglin, where the famous Puck Fair takes place, and Cahersiveen, birthplace of the great patriot, Daniel O'Connell. Follow the narrow road as it winds along the cliffs to the fishing town of Waterville. Continue through delightful villages like Sneem and cross the peat bogs of the Black Mountains to Moll’s Gap to admire Queen Victoria’s Ladies View. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure. For your Farm-to-Table dining experience, enjoy some Irish home cooking at the family-run kitchen of chef John Sheehan. Join John and his wife, Freda for drinks and a personal insight into classic Irish recipes that are loved throughout the world. Then, settle down for a night of great food and drink in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Drive to the pretty riverside village of Cobh, which was the last port of call for the Titanic. Walk through the Queenstown Story exhibition at the Heritage Centre, which recounts the era of Irish emigration and the life of this once great passenger port. Continue to visit the 15th century Blarney Castle, home of the famous Stone of Eloquence - once kissed, never forgotten! Or enjoy a sensory walk in the extensive and varied estate gardens. Then Continue on to Cork along the spacious Grand Parade and South Mall and see the City Hall and fine Georgian houses en route to your hotel. In the evening, raise your glass and revel in rich flavours at a lively Celebration Dinner.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Drive through prime farmland to the medieval city of Kilkenny, with its majestic castle and River walk. Browse the medieval mile showcasing the hub of Ireland’s Arts and Crafts scene along its narrow lanes. While here, why not explore Kilkenny’s medieval hidden gems and visit a 17th century townhouse and brewery? Then, return to Dublin and your hotel, located in the heart of Dublin’s leafy south side just minutes from the city centre. The rest of the evening is at your leisure to further explore if you wish.(Breakfast)
Your memorable trip comes to an end. Departure transfers arrive at Dublin airport at 07:00, 09:00 and 10:30.(Breakfast)
|single room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1|
|triple room||Adults: 1 - 3||Passengers: 3|
|twin room||Adults: 1 - 2||Passengers: 2|
|twinShare room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1 - 2|