Easy Pace by Insight Vacations
Experience the grandeur of Russia, exploring the baroque architecture of St Petersburg and the palaces of Moscow. Marvel at the famous art collection of the Hermitage Museum and travel by hydrofoil and high-speed train in perfect style.
- St Petersburg: Meet your Travel Director and travel companions at 19
- Moscow: Your Celebration Dinner straddles the culinary East to West divide and includes drinks to toast your travels with your newfound friends.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 2 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Moscow: Choose between a visit to one of the ornate metro stations which Stalin called ‘Palaces for the People’, or alternatively, join your Local Expert the to take a stroll through the popular Zaryadye Park end enjoy great views of your surroundings.
Top Rated Highlights
- Petrodvorets: Cruise by hydrofoil to visit the epic formal gardens of Peter the Great's Summer Palace, bursting with cascades, sparkling fountains and golden statues.
- St Petersburg: With a Local Expert, explore the stunning former Winter Palace of the Tsars, now the spectacular Hermitage Museum, one of the world's greatest repositories of European art.
- Sapsan Train: Sapsan in Russian, translates to falcon. Relax in modern luxury and comfort while you swoop by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: Visit one of the cathedral's and the Armoury Chamber when you venture inside the Kremlin.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- One-way Sapsan train journey from St Petersburg to Moscow is included
- Complimentary transfers from St Petersburg airport are available at scheduled times, on arrival day
- Complimentary transfers to Moscow's Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports are available at scheduled times, on departure day
- If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way
Airport transfers depart from St. Petersburg airport at 14:30 and 17:00.Meet your Travel Director and travel companions at 19:00 for a friendly Welcome Dinner served with wine at a local restaurant.(Dinner with Wine)
Morning sightseeing with your Local Expert includes views of St. Isaac's Cathedral, the fortress of St. Peter and Paul and Decembrists' Square. Travel along Nevsky Prospekt for views of the great Cathedral of Kazan and the iconic, onion-domed Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood.The rest of the day is yours to explore. Perhaps join an Optional Experience to the small town of Tsarskoe Selo, now called Pushkin, and visit the beautiful Catherine Palace? Or, if you’d prefer to relax, head back to your hotel where you can make the most of its luxury facilities.(Breakfast)
Cruise by hydrofoil along the Baltic shore to Peter the Great’s summer residence of Petrodvorets. For over 200 years it was used for official ceremonies, lavish feasts and formal receptions. Explore the perfectly manicured gardens and see the cascading fountains. Later you are at leisure, or perhaps visit the former residence of the Yusupov family and the scene of Rasputin's murder?(Breakfast)
Located in the Winter Palace, the Hermitage is one of the world’s greatest museums. Marvel at this fabulous collection of paintings and ornaments, ranging from Egyptian carvings to Impressionist masterpieces.The rest of the day is at your leisure to explore, shop or relax.(Breakfast)
Enjoy a relaxed start in the morning, or perhaps visit the former residence of the Yusupov family and the scene of Rasputin's murder?Board your high speed Sapsan train and relax in modern luxury and comfort as you swoop to Moscow in just a few hours.On arrival in this fascinating city, you are transferred to your hotel for a leisurely three-night stay. Famous for its unique history and colourful architecture, explore Moscow’s enchanting city centre and get lost in its captivating Modern art scene. For those wanting to take a pretty stroll, why not head to Gorky Park? Designed in the 1920s by Konstantin Melnikov, the park is famous for its outdoor activities and art exhibitions.(Breakfast)
Begin your exploration of the Russian capital with a Local Expert. Start in Red Square, lined by Moscow's landmark buildings. At one end rises the onion-shaped domes of St. Basil's Cathedral, in front of the Kremlin stands Lenin's Mausoleum, while on the opposite side, the grand GUM department store offers a variety of glamorous goods. Explore Moscow with Insight Choice. Choose between visiting an ornate metro station or alternatively, join your Local Expert for a stroll through the popular Zaryadye Park and enjoy great views of your surroundings. In your free time, why not take a peek at the crown jewels and Fabergé Egg collection of the Imperial Russian Family?(Breakfast)
In the morning, you are at leisure to relax or explore the Russian capital as you wish. Perhaps visit the Borodino Panorama Exhibition or take an Optional Experience to the renowned centre of ancient Russian art and architecture, Zagorsk?In the afternoon, walk within the walls of the Kremlin Fortress to visit one of the cathedrals. Learn more about Russia’s famous Tsars, the history of the Fortress and how its role has changed over the years.Later, enjoy delicious food, great wine and wonderful company as you toast to your travels during your Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
It’s time to say goodbye to Moscow and your fellow travellers. Departure transfers will arrive at Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport at 05:00, 08:00 and 11:00 and at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport at 05:00, 10:00 and 13:00.(Breakfast)
|single room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1|
|triple room||Adults: 1 - 3||Passengers: 3|
|twin room||Adults: 1 - 2||Passengers: 2|