Country Explorer by Trafalgar
Your journey through the lush landscapes of Britain will see you visit mythical Stonehenge, Cardiff and the Lake District, before rambling up Edinburgh's Royal Mile and back to London.
- ORIENTATION of Bath, Cardiff, Liverpool and York
- SEE the Principality Stadium in Cardiff and the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh
- SIGHTSEEING TOUR with a Local Specialist in Edinburgh
- VIEW Bath Abbey, Cardiff Castle, the Lake District's magnificent scenery, Hadrian's Wall, York Minster and Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage
- VISIT Stonehenge, the Roman Baths in Bath, the Tudor town of Ludlow, Gretna Green, Edinburgh Castle and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon
- 5 breakfasts
- 2 dinners (including Be My Guest)
First class travel Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotel
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
Experience first-hand what's 'great' about Great Britain on this mesmerising sojourn past the peaks of Wales and the rolling hills and lush farmlands of England to 'bonnie' Scotland. We kick-start our adventure in the cosmopolitan capital of London, heading west to visit Stonehenge's stone monoliths, whose centuries-old myths have yet to be fully revealed. The elegant Georgian architecture of Bath takes centre stage during our visit to this famous spa town. Here, we'll see the Abbey and visit the Roman Baths, before crossing the Severn Estuary to Cardiff. Delve into the proud culture and heritage of the Welsh as you embark on an orientation of the city to see the Principality Stadium and Cardiff Castle, in the heart of the city. Tonight, we celebrate the beginning of an epic adventure through Britain at a Welcome Reception.
The half-timbered Tudor houses of Ludlow feature today on our exploration of this market town with its medieval walls and historic castle. We journey north through the Shropshire Hills and Cheshire landscapes to the bold British city of Liverpool, hometown of the 'Fab Four'. Saunter through its edgy Scouse streets and perhaps visit The Cavern Club, where the Beatles once played, during your evening at leisure.
The enchanting views of Britain's Lake District provide a scenic backdrop for our leisurely drive north to Scotland. Skirt the romantic shores of Lake Windermere and enjoy views that inspired literary greats like William Wordsworth. We stop at the runaway wedding capital that is Gretna Green where 'Blacksmith Priests' would marry couples over the Marriage Anvil. Later, we arrive in enchanting Edinburgh - our home for the next two nights.
Ramble up the Royal Mile in the mesmerising medieval city of Edinburgh, where you'll join a 'Local Specialist' on an included city sightseeing tour. Stroll through the Old Town and view Arthur's Seat and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, for centuries the seat of the kings and queens of the Scots. Visit Edinburgh Castle perched atop Castle Rock overlooking the city. Spend the rest of the day exploring 'Auld Reekie's' medieval relics and elegant Georgian and Gothic façades on your own, or join your Travel Director on an Optional Experience to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia. This evening, consider attending a lively Scottish banquet with traditional haggis and bagpipes.
Trace the northern frontier of the Roman Empire at Hadrian's Wall before crossing the River Tyne and venturing south to the ancient cathedral city of York, whose origins hark back to Roman times. Walk along the famous Shambles and view the York Minster, one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. This evening we 'Connect With Locals', joining a family in York for a home-cooked 'Be My Guest' Farewell Dinner and some hearty British hospitality.
Delve into the fascinating story of Shakespeare's life at his Birthplace and Visitor Centre in Stratford-upon-Avon, and view Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage. We return to London this evening where our memorable encounter with Britain's icons comes to an end.
|single room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1|
|triple room||Adults: 1 - 3||Passengers: 3|
|twin room||Adults: 1 - 2||Passengers: 2|
|twinShare room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1 - 2|