Eastern Mediterranean Cruising by Insight Vacations
Discover the exotic flavours, ancient heritage and unrivalled beauty of one of the world's most desirable destinations, as you cruise to hidden coves, sandy beaches and white-washed villages over 4 days.
- Athens: Get to know your fellow travelers over a delightful Welcome Drink.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW), 4 Lunch with Wine (LW)
Top Rated Highlights
- Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C. Steps away you'll see the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion.
- Cruising: Visit the Greek Islands of Syros, Rhodes and Santorini. Call in at the Turkish port of Kusadasi.
- Ephesus: Discover one of the world's finest ancient sites. Led by your Local Expert, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Rhodes : See the classical Acropolis of Lindos and the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights in Rhodes.
Included Insight Services
- Your knowledgeable local Insight host will ensure your time in Athens is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom
- Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion
- On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- 4 nights aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, outdoor pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, casino, bars & restaurants
- You will enjoy the services of a Cruise Director, while on board, and all port taxes and crew gratuities are included
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily onboard your ship and we provide a complimentary drinks package, featuring a selection of alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverages
- Transfers are included between Insight hotels and cruise port
- Complimentary transfers from/to Athens Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations
You are met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. At 19:00, join your Insight Vacations Representative and fellow travellers for a Welcome Drink.
See all the remarkable glories of Athens on a tour of the city. The highlight, of course, is a visit to the Acropolis with the remarkable Parthenon. Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure.(Breakfast)
Board your cruise ship and set sail for the lovely island of Mykonos with its dazzling sugar cube houses and whitewashed windmills. Tonight, the maze of walkways, welcoming tavernas and nightlife are yours to explore. Late in the evening, your cruise sails across the Aegean to Turkey. While cruising, enjoy an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served onboard daily. Your cruise includes a selection of alcoholic beverages and non alcoholic hot and cold beverages are included.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)
Today explore the Turkish port of Kusadasi and visit the ancient ruins of Ephesus with a Local Expert. In the afternoon, sail to the island of Patmos where St. John the Devine was exiled by the Emperor Domitian. Later, your cruise sets sail for Rhodes.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)
Upon arrival at Rhodes, chosen by the Crusaders as their fortified headquarters, the day is yours to explore at your own pace. Perhaps join the included walking tour of the old town surrounded by medieval walls and the village of Lindos or simply enjoy a relaxing day on the golden beaches? In the evening, your cruise continues to Crete.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)
In the morning, you dock at Heraklion in Crete. Perhaps join an optional visit with a Local Expert to the site of the ruins of King Minos' Palace of Knossos. Later, cruise beneath the sheer cliffs of Santorini. Explore the capital of Thira, with its clifftop restaurants and cafes, breathtaking views and amazing sunsets. In the evening you sail onto Athens.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)
Disembark in the morning and transfer to your hotel where you are at leisure. Relax, shop or bargain in the local market. Perhaps ask about an optional experience to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion?(Breakfast)
Bid farewell to Athens. Your journey ends with a transfer to the airport.(Breakfast)
|single room||Adults: 1||Passengers: 1|
|triple room||Adults: 1 - 3||Passengers: 3|
|twin room||Adults: 1 - 2||Passengers: 2|